- ‘BJP scared’: Police manhandled party workers, says Abhishek Banerjee
- One killed, 22 injured as Hyderabad-bound bus overturns in Goa
- Delhi court sends NIA's 'most wanted' terrorist Shahnawaz to 7-day police remand
- Injuries a problem for Spanish sides in Champions League action
- Jungles in poll-bound MP throwing up guns: Pistols worth Rs 75 lakh seized within a month
- Air India's San Francisco flight, once diverted to Russia's Magadan, cancelled on due to operational issues
- China’s economy could be regaining momentum after major slowdown
- Moderate tremors felt in parts of North Bengal; no damage reported
- Asian Games: Indian men beat Kyrgyzstan; women lose to top seed China in fourth round of chess Team event
- Nitish Kumar calls all party meeting on Tuesday to discuss caste survey
Irked over teachers apathy, students of Mulkalapally High School lock classrooms; staged dharna on road
In what comes as a major embarrassment to the district Education department, X Class students of Mulkalapally High School under Turkapally mandal in the district locked all classrooms and staged a dharna on road over teachers’ alleged negligence.
Mulakalapally (Yadadri-Bhongir): In what comes as a major embarrassment to the district Education department, X Class students of Mulkalapally High School under Turkapally mandal in the district locked all classrooms and staged a dharna on road over teachers’ alleged negligence.
It may be recalled that in the SSC- 2018 results, out of 25 students, only two students passed in the school. Angry over the poor results, parents and villagers accused the teachers concerned over the failure of 23 students due to poor care and incomplete syllabus.
Meanwhile, even after the starting of new academic year, the teachers of the school are reportedly not maintaining punctuality. Vexed with the teachers’ attitude, after the prayer, the students locked all class rooms and staged dharna on road. Parents of the students and villagers expressed their solidarity to the students. During the protest, students demanded transfer of all erring teachers to do justice to them.
Later, the students met District Collector Anitha Ramachandran at her chamber in Bhongir and submitted a memorandum to her. Children brought the apathy of schoolteachers to her notice and demanded stringent action against erring teachers.
Responding to students’ plea, the Collector spoke to DEO Rohini and instructed her to look into the matter of Mulakalapally school and directed to take necessary action on the negligent staff.