- Tanisha-Ashwini finishes runner-up in Syed Modi India International badminton
- 17 of 25 ministers in Cong govt lose Rajasthan assembly elections
- Shivraj win Budhni by over 1 lakh votes, Kamal Nath secures victory from Chhindwara by 36K votes
- Israeli president honours fallen heroes of Kibbutz Be'eri by inscribing Torah Scroll
- Cyclone Michaung: In constant touch with state governments, says PM Modi
- Now, IndiGo faces criticism over delays from former Union Minister
- 5th T20I: Shreyas Iyer's fifty helps India reach 160/8 against Australia
- 193 people killed in IDF attack in last few hours: Gaza Health Ministry
- MP Diya Kumari wins by 71,368 votes, biggest victory margin in Rajasthan
- MP Assembly polls: Union Ministers Tomar, Prahlad Patel, BJP General Secy Vijayvargiya win, Kulaste loses
Dy Speaker distributes `2 cr compensation to chilli farmers
Khammam: Deputy Speaker Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka distributed Rs 2 cr as compensation to the chilli farmers at Agriculture Market yard at Madhira town...
Khammam: Deputy Speaker Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka distributed Rs 2 cr as compensation to the chilli farmers at Agriculture Market yard at Madhira town in Khammam district on Sunday. The total insurance amount was estimated at Rs 20 cr. It may be noted that several quintals of chillis were reduced to ashes due to a fire mishap at Sri Lakshmi Vallabha Cold Storage Centre at the Market Yard in May last year. After the mishap last year, the Dy Speaker told the farmers that it was difficult to get the insurance amount. Later, he explained the situation to the Chief Minister who directed the officials to take initiative for payment of compensation. The Insurance amount of Rs 20 cr would be distributed to the affected farmers in a phased manner, the Deputy Speaker said. Bhatti Vikramarka said that subsidies would be distributed shortly to farmers who had lost their crops during Nilamcy clone. He laid foundation for works relating to Reddy Cheruvu at Nagulavancha village in Chintakani mandal. The works would be taken up at a cost of Rs 17.43 lakhs. He also laid stone for Cement Concrete (CC) road between Nagulavancha and Patharlapadu. The road work is estimated at Rs 24 lakhs. Madhira Agriculture Market Committee (AMC) chairman Vemi Reddy Srinivasa Reddy, vice-chairman Satyanarayana and other officials were present.