- Your Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Pongal Look
- With unsecured personal loans under lens, growth momentum in the segment to derail in coming quarters
- Andhra CM Jagan takes poll battle to Chandrababu Naidu's home turf - Kuppam
- India seeks greater say for developing countries at WTO meet
- It was a joy to be a part of a lyrical, poetic, and deeply romantic story: Shahbaz Khan
- Samsung’s Most Intelligent PC Lineup Galaxy Book4 Series Goes on Sale in India
- KIUG 2023: Sambalpur’s Sujata Kujur hopes to make it to Indian women’s hockey team
- VESCOA Partner with ISRO, signed MoU with ASSOCHAM to Advance Collaborative Initiatives
- FM Sitharaman stresses on compliance of norms at meet with fintech heads
- Indian Navy conducts airborne insertion ops over Arabian Sea
Sharmila participates in 'Rachabanda'
Khammam: After taking a two-day break from her marathon yatra, YSR Congress Party leader Sharmila resumed her 'Maro Praja Prasthanam' Pada Yatra from...
Khammam: After taking a two-day break from her marathon yatra, YSR Congress Party leader Sharmila resumed her 'Maro Praja Prasthanam' Pada Yatra from Mucharla village in Khammam district on Wednesday.
It may be noted that the YSRCP leader was forced to take break from her Pada Yatra owing to severe pain in her legs. However, as she has recovered from the pain, she has decided to resume the Pada Yatra.A As part of her Pada Yatra, Sharmila held a 'Rachabanda' programme at Surya Thanda in Yenkuru mandal and enquired about the problems of local people.
Addressing the gathering, she said that when Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was the Chief Minister, the ownership right on over 2.5 lakh acres of forest land was given to tribals and thousands of Girijans in Khammam district got benefited under the Forest Right Act. She also promised that the interest-free loans would be given to all SHG women and financial assistance would be provided to the poor girls till the completion of their education if the YSRCP voted to power in 2014 general elections.
Earlier, Sharmila hoisted the party flag at Mucharla village in connection with the May Day celebrations. Wyra Assembly constituency in-charge Madan Lal, party district convener Macha Srinivas, Khammam Parliament in-charge Ponguleti Srinivas Reddy and others were present.