ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Telangana man charred to death in Chennai after leaving cigarette butt undisposed

Telangana man charred to death in Chennai after leaving cigarette butt undisposed
Highlights

In a tragic incident, a 25-year-old man was killed in a fire mishap which took place at his service apartment in Chennai early on Sunday morning.

In a tragic incident, a 25-year-old man was killed in a fire mishap which took place at his service apartment in Chennai early on Sunday morning.

The deceased was identified as C Bharathwaj of Telangana.

The police stated that the man had come to the city a few days ago for some business related work and was residing in a service apartment near Little Mount, Saidapet Panagal Maligai, which houses government offices.

Around 5.30 am, the fire department was alerted and two fire engines from Saidapet and Teynampet fire stations were rushed to the spot.

The fire spread from inside of Bharathwaj's apartment and the firemen struggled to douse the flames. They broke the windows to enter the apartment and found the charred body of Bharathwaj on his bed.

The police suspect a smouldering cigarette bud to be the cause of the fire. According to the reports, Bharathwaj was said to be under the influence of alcohol when the incident happened and forgot to dispose of the cigarette butt which may have fallen on the bed and caused the fire.

Show Full Article
Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
More Stories


Top