- SC to hear plea seeking action against TN Minister Udhayanidhi Stalin on Friday
- Assembly digitisation will enhance efficiency of MLAs: Punjab CM
- Army installs National Flag at War Memorial in J&K's Poonch
- Cisco to acquire cybersecurity leader Splunk for $28 bn in GenAI era
- Excercise your right to vote to elect righteous people.Additional Collector Cheerla
- Punjab CM seeks Governor’s intervention for release of central fund of Rs 5,637 crore
- No Constitutional transgression: RS Chairman Dhankhar slams Venugopal
- She Teams caught 55 people red handed for teasing women at Ganesh Pandals in Hyd
- JICA and 8 Japanese organisations supporting IIT Hyderabad host Japan Week
- General elections in Pakistan in last week of January 2024: ECP
10 missing after boat capsizes in Andhra Pradesh's East Godavari
At least ten people are reportedly missing after a country boat capsized in the Gautami river in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh on Saturday afternoon
The boat carrying over 40 people turned over after ramming into a pillar of a bridge.
Amaravati: At least ten people are reportedly missing after a country boat capsized in the Gautami river in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh on Saturday afternoon.
According to news agency ANI, the boat turned over after ramming into a pillar of a bridge.
More than 40 people, mostly students, were said to be travelling in the boat, state Disaster Management Department sources said.
Rescue teams belonging to the National Disaster Response Force and the State Disaster Response Force have rushed to the spot.
At least 10 people are said to have been rescued by locals while efforts were on to trace the others.
Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has directed district officials to step up rescue operations, sources said.
The Gautami river is a tributary of the Godavari.