- Delhi government has once again announced winter vacation in Delhi
- Last hospital in northern Gaza halts operation: Health official
- Delhi HC orders reassessment of value of Salman Rushdie's ancestral house
- Hostages require regular medical care, says Hostages and Missing Families Forum
- Rupee edges up as more foreign funds flow into stocks
- Telangana New CM Revanth Reddy Swearing-In Ceremony Live Updates
- Delhi court grants bail to an accused in 2020 riots case
- Wedding season expected to boost vehicle sales: FADA
- Q-Line Biotech (POCT Group) establishes medical equipment manufacturing unit in Lucknow
- BJP MLA Yatnal's Accusation Sparks Controversy
Harish Rao seeks national status for Kaleshwaram project
Telangana Irrigation Minister T Harish Rao on Tuesday met Union Water Resources Minister Nitin Gadkari in New Delhi ahead of the monsoon session of Parliament
Telangana Irrigation Minister T Harish Rao on Tuesday met Union Water Resources Minister Nitin Gadkari in New Delhi ahead of the monsoon session of Parliament.
Harish Rao sought Kaleshwaram to be recognised as a national project and allocation of funds to ensure the completion of the project within the time period.
Stating that the Kaleshwaram project fulfils all requisites to acquire national status, he said that the Telangana government had asked the Centre to release Rs 20000 crore special funds to complete the project estimated at a cost of Rs 85,000 crore.
Post the meeting, Harish Rao thanked the Union Minister for according all the permissions for the project adding that the works are moving forward at a rapid pace due to the timely clearances.
The Kaleshwaram project will provide drinking water to people in Telangana and also irrigate about 37 lakh acres of parched farmlands in drought-prone areas of the state.