- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
Man indulges in land transactions posing as KCR's Principal Secretary; held
Police arrested a man in Hyderabad on Monday for posing as principal secretary to Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao and indulging in land transactions
Police arrested a man in Hyderabad on Monday for posing as principal secretary to Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao and indulging in land transactions.
According to the police, the accused, Vijay Kumar Chanakya held several discussions over the phone with government officials in the Registration department posing himself as principal secretary S Narsing Rao.
He asked the officials to clear pending land registration files of some people, in turn, took commission from people to settle their registration process.
The imposter is the son of a retired government officer, who worked at the Secretariat.
The whole scam came to light when the accused contacted a senior officer of the Stamps and Registration department, asking him to process the registration of a two-acre land in Kondapur.