- Vijayawada: Plea to procure goods & services from MSMEs
- Guntur: Police foil JSP’s ‘Chalo Assembly’ stir
- Vijayawada: VRSEC signs MoU with Forensic Sciences varsity
- Tirumala: MP couple presents clothes to Srivari temple staff
- Tirupati: Training for degree college teachers held at SVETA
- APSRTC to operate 94 buses to Tiruvannamalai in TN
- Kadapa: Dispose of grievances in transparent manner
- Telangana: Air ambulance services in State soon
- Left parties protest statewide arrest of Anganwadi workers
- Rich tributes paid to Pandit Deenadayal, SP Balu
Jharkhand: One dead, around 100 sick after eating mid-day meal in school
One student died and around hundred students fell ill allegedly, after consuming midday meal at a school in Koderma district of Jharkhand, the police said on Friday
Ranchi: One student died and around hundred students fell ill allegedly, after consuming mid-day meal at a school in Koderma district of Jharkhand, the police said on Friday.
Koderma deputy commissioner Bhuvnesh Pratap Singh has ordered an inquiry into the incident.
"All the hundred students have recovered and are back to school," Koderma Superintendent of Police M Tamilvanan told PTI.
The students of Upgraded Middle School were admitted to the local Sadar Hospital after they complained of stomach ache and vomiting on Wednesday, the SP said.
The students allegedly fell ill after taking their meal comprising rice, paneer and potato curry, the SP said.