- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
Relief for TRS, HC dismisses Petition Against Pragati Nivedana Sabha
The Hyderabad High court on Thursday dismissed a petition filed by an advocate and president of Environmental Protection Committee Pujari Sridar to issue orders against Pragati Nivendana Sabha which is to be held September 2
The Hyderabad High court on Thursday dismissed a petition filed by an advocate and president of Environmental Protection Committee Pujari Sridar to issue orders against Pragati Nivendana Sabha which is to be held September 2.
"If the government wants to present their four years of progress report to the people, they can promote it through social media using the technology instead of causing inconvenience to the people," he alleged in the petition adding that the meeting would cause harm to the environment.
Before dismissing the petition, the court sought an explanation from the government which promised to hold the meeting without causing any harm to the environment.
"The government has completed all the arrangements for the public meeting and will promise to organise the event without provoking any damage," said a government advocate general.