- BR Ambedkar Death Anniversary 2023: What is Mahaparinirvan Diwas? Facts About Babasaheb Ambedkar
- Heavy rain in parts of Telangana, two killed
- Hero MotoCorp, Ather Energy join hands for 1st-ever interoperable fast-charging network
- Bengal school job scam: ED summons SSKM superintendent with Sujay Bhadra's medical reports
- TalentSprint, IIM Lucknow to Launch Executive General Management Program
- Cyclone Michaung unleashes torrential rains in Khammam
- UP Congress yatra from Saharanpur to Sitapur
- Tight security in Hyderabad on Babri Masjid demolition anniversary
- Pawan Kalyan meets Chandrababu in Hyderabad
- Centre seeks Parliament’s nod for Rs 1.29 lakh cr extra expenditure
TS govt. enhances job reservation for disabled to 4 per cent
In addition to the increase of job opportunities to the unemployed youth in the state, the TRS government also eased the process of recruitment for disabled by increasing their reservation in government jobs to 4 per cent
Hyderabad: In addition to the increase of job opportunities to the unemployed youth in the state, the TRS government also eased the process of recruitment for disabled by increasing their reservation in government jobs to 4 per cent.
With the respect to the section 34 (1) of the Rights of Person with Disabilities Act 2016, the government enhanced the job quota for disabled from 3 to 4 per cent.
The act came into effect in 2017 at the centre, but the TRS government has taken time to instigate the act with 4 per cent reservation.
In a meeting held on Thursday, the women, children, disabled and senior citizens department secretary M Jagadeeshwar directed the officials to take a decision if any person with the standard disabilities is not available to fill up the vacancies.
If the vacancies alloted to the disabled persons in the state are not filled, the posts are added to the recruitment released in the following year.