- Telangana starts implementing ‘Gruha Jyothi’ scheme
- Hyderabad: TSIBE officials to take appropriate steps to prevent any untoward incident
- GHMC gears up for OTS campaigns to collect taxes
- Hyderabad: Narendra Modi to inaugurate CARO in Begumpet Airport on March 5
- Govt okays Rs 1.26-trn worth 3 semicon plants
- Hyderabad: CM A Revanth Reddy all praise for badminton player
- Hyderabad: State government rolls out guidelines to fix Dharani glitches; Drive from today
- Happy Women’s Day 2024: 7 Powerful Ways to Celebrate and Empower Women
- Key indices drift higher on fag-end short covering
- Protests by TDP Women Leaders Rock Nellore City
Tata, Lockheed Martin to produce F-16 aircraft wings in Hyderabad
To build F16 fighter aircraft wings in Hyderabad, American aerospace company Lockheed Martin has entered a partnership with Tata Advanced Systems Ltd TASL on Tuesday
To build F-16 fighter aircraft wings in Hyderabad, American aerospace company Lockheed Martin has entered a partnership with Tata Advanced Systems Ltd (TASL) on Tuesday.
Telangana IT minister KT Rama Rao who met with Lockheed Martin’s Executive VP Richard Edwards and other senior leaders tweeted saying, “They shared the good news of an agreement to produce F-16 wings in their Hyderabad facility in partnership with Tata Advanced Systems Limited.”
Had a good meeting with Lockheed Martin’s Executive VP Richard (Rick) Edwards & other senior leaders— KTR (@KTRTRS) September 4, 2018
They shared the good news of an agreement to produce F-16 wings in their Hyderabad facility in partnership with Tata Advanced Systems Limited 😊 pic.twitter.com/EYl78fsUjM
The officials of Lockheed announced the production of F-16 wings in India to boost the 'Make in India' initiative. The American aerospace and security company also have plans to shift its manufacturing unit to India but the centre has not agreed to it yet. It also said that the production will strengthen Lockheed partnership with Tata Advanced Systems Ltd.
Lockheed Martin and Tata Advanced Systems Ltd have been manufacturing airframe components of the C-130J aircraft and S-92 Sikorsky helicopter at the Hyderabad facility.