- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
- London Indian Film Festival 2023 expands to more UK cities
- Anil Agarwal shakes up biz; to demerge five businesses of Vedanta, restructure zinc unit
- Aman Raj cards 63 to storm into third-round lead
- Age of consent: Law panel recommends amendment to POCSO Act
Mamata announces Rs 28 Cr grant for organising Durga Puja
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday announced a grant of Rs 28 Crore to 28,000 puja committees across the state in the wake of Durga Puja
Kolkata (West Bengal): West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday announced a grant of Rs 28 Crore to 28,000 puja committees across the state in the wake of Durga Puja.
The Chief Minister said that her government will provide Rs 10,000 each to the Puja Committees under "community development programme."
A total of 3000 Durga Puja committees are there in Kolkata and 25000 across the state.
"West Bengal Government would spend Rs 28 crore to provide the financial assistance to the Puja committees," Mamata said while speaking at the coordination meeting with Puja organisers and police at Netaji indoor stadium, here.
She also announced that the puja communities will not have to pay the fee to the fire department to obtain a licence.
Durga Puja, which is one of the prominent festivals of West Bengal, will be held in October.