- Grand opening of Interwood’s 16th Exclusive Brand outlet at Hyderabad
- Rakesh Sharma Director of ITV Group elected as new president of INS
- Asian Games: India stun Korea for historic maiden entry in men's team badminton final
- Asian Games: India thrash Pakistan 10-2, hand archrivals biggest defeat ever
- Hockey Association of Odisha beat Hockey Jharkhand in Sub-Junior men, women finals
- Day after alleged manhandling, model turned actress Archana Gautam suspended from Congress
- Asian Games: Indian Men's Hockey Team stuns Pakistan, picks dominant 10-2 win
- Foreign intelligence agency involved in terror incidents in Pak, claims Minister
- Tribal party sponsored 12-hour bandh hits normal life in Tripura’s tribal areas
- US misses the 'bigger picture' on row with Canada, says Jaishankar
Kolar court awards death sentence to five child rapists
The court convicted Suresh, 13 days after filing a charge sheet and issued a judgement in a record 45 days of the incident
A second additional session court awarded death sentence to five child rapists on Saturday in connection with two rape cases.
In the first case, the death penalty was issued to accused Suresh Kumar of Teekal village who murdered a 16-year-old school girl in Malur before attempting to rape her. The incident which took place on August 1, 2018, sent shock waves in the area. The court convicted Suresh, 13 days after filing a charge-sheet and issued a judgement in a record of 45 days after the incident.
And in the second case, four people have been found guilty in the gang-rape case of a minor girl which occurred on May 28, 2014, in Kuppur village of Mashi near Malur. The convicted are Munikrishna, Narayanaswamy, Anilkumar and Krishnamurthy.