- Odisha Speaker suspends two BJP lawmakers who flung pulses in house
- Men’s ODI World Cup: New seats, rebranded restrooms at the forefront of upgrades in Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Study finds link between Covid-19 mutations and high immune responses
- Creatine supplements may help people with long Covid
- Delhi: 78th train departs for Ayodhya under Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra scheme
- CDIL’s new packaging line in Mohali another push to India’s chip journey: MoS IT
- 2 BJP MLAs throw pulses at Odisha Speaker, suspended till end of session
- Asian Games: Indian men's football team bow out in pre-quarters after 0-2 loss to Saudi Arabia
- Lalu Prasad supports Manoj Jha over ‘Thakur’ poem controversy
- Ujjain minor girl rape case: Main accused arrested; tries to flee
GHMC to launch special drives against Malaria, Dengue
GHMC Commissioner M Dana Kishore has directed the Entomology Wing to take up special drives to control Malaria, Dengue and communicable diseases and also to create awareness among the citizens to take up the precautionary measures to control the menace at their households etc,
Hyderabad: GHMC Commissioner M. Dana Kishore has directed the Entomology Wing to take up special drives to control Malaria, Dengue and communicable diseases and also to create awareness among the citizens to take up the precautionary measures to control the menace at their households etc.,
In this connection, the GHMC Commissioner held a review meeting with the Entomology Wing which was attended by Additional Commissioner Sandeep Jha, Chief Entomologist Venkatesh and others officials at GHMC Head Office today.
The Commissioner, while interacting with the officials, said that these diseases would prevail till November and therefore, there was a need to conduct special drives and awareness campaigns as well as to take up fogging, perithriyam spray operations, etc., Most of the cases have been reported from Hayathnagar, Malakpet, Chandrayangutta, Charminar, Rajendranagar, Mehdipatnam, Karwan, Amberpet, Moosapet, Qutbullapur etc., where special care has to be taken to take up the necessary operations and precautionary measures for the convenience of the citizens.
The Entomology Wing with the help of their field staff must educate the households to clean up the over head tanks, sumps and stagnated water places like coolers, tyres, tubes etc., so as to control the breeding of the mosquitoes at these places. The Commissioner also desired that around 1800 school students be involved in the awareness campaigns so the message can be reached to the maximum number of citizens to take up the works to control such menace.
The GHMC is having around 150 portable, 10 fogging machines, along with the vehicles every day the Entomology wing is covering around 150 colonies to take up the operations. He further stated that to create awareness among the citizens to download myghmc app, dial 100, GHMC Call Centre, email, Whatsapp etc., to lodge their complaint so as to sort out the problems at once the Commissioner added.
The Commissioner desired that to use various communication channels like All India Radio, Radio, TV Channels, Print and Electronic Media etc., to take up various awareness campaign highlighting the precautionary measures taken at the households etc., the Commissioner also expressed that SHGs, RWAs and other NGOs to be involved for the said cause.