Who is eligible for PM Modi's Ayushman Bharat?
The Modi government has given the poor of India something to smile about In what is touted to be the worlds largest government funded healthcare program, Modis Ayushman Bharat Scheme aims to free the poor from the clutches of poverty, as told by the PM
The Modi government has given the poor of India something to smile about. In what is touted to be the world's largest government funded healthcare program, Modi's Ayushman Bharat Scheme aims to "free the poor from the clutches of poverty", as told by the PM.
The scheme benefits every Indian citizen who is listen in the Socio Economic Caste Status (SECC). The scheme would benefit around 10 crore poor and vulnerable families with a cover of 5 lakh rupees per family per annum. These costs would cover secondary and tertiary hospitalisation in both public and private establishments on a packaged rate pre-decided by the Government.
People who are eligible to receive benefits under the Ayushman bharat scheme are as follows:
In Rural areas
- Households living in only one room with kucha walls and kucha roof.
- Households with no adult member between age 16 to 59
- Female headed households with no adult male member between age 16 to 59
- Households having at least one disabled member and no able-bodied adult member
- SC/ST households
- Landless households deriving major part of their income from manual casual labour
- Households without shelter
- Destitute/ living on alms
- Manual scavenger families
- Primitive tribal groups
- Legally released bonded labour
In Urban areas:
The following occupational category of workers are automatically included in the list
- Domestic worker
- Street vendor/ Cobbler/hawker / Other service provider working on streets
- Construction worker/ Plumber/ Mason/ Labour/ Painter/ Welder/ Security guard/ Coolie and another head-load worker
- Sweeper/ Sanitation worker / Mali
- Home-based worker/ Artisan/ Handicrafts worker / Tailor
- Transport worker/ Driver/ Conductor/ Helper to drivers and conductors/ Cart puller/ Rickshaw puller
- Shop worker/ Assistant/ Peon in small establishment/ Helper/Delivery assistant / Attendant/ Waiter
- Electrician/ Mechanic/ Assembler/ Repair worker
- Washer-man/ Chowkidar