- Vizianagaram: Free medical camp conducted
- Member of National Commission for Scheduled Tribes interacts with RINL management
- Prakasam Bhavan gets ISO 9001 certificate
- Hospitals burst at seams as seasonal diseases grip RR
- Hyderabad: Lakhs throng to catch sight of Khairatabad Maha Ganesh
- Parvathipuram: NSS cadets organise rally
- Landslide at KK line hits train movement
- Ten Courts Building Complex inaugurated in Visakhapatnam
- Motkupally protests arrest of Naidu
- 30-minute exercise daily will keep you healthy: Additional SP
Supreme court issues show cause notice to Telangana govt, EC
The Supreme court on Friday issued a show cause notice to the Telangana government and election commission against the irregularities in the revised voter list
The Supreme court on Friday issued a show cause notice to the Telangana government and election commission against the irregularities in the revised voter list.
A Public Interest Litigation (PIL) filed by Sushanth Reddy of Siddipet alleges that over 20 lakh voters will lose their voting power if the elections are being held early in the state.
"If the government would have gone for the elections next year, 20 lakh new voters who will attain 18 years of age by January will get voting power," Reddy quoted in the petition adding that the government is going for early polls without proper revision of the voter list.
After going through the PIL, the SC issued the notice to the Central Election Commission (CEC) and Telangana govt adjourning the case to next week