- Rosy picture ahead of beauty industry: IBA founder Vamsi Krishna
- Aishwarya Sharma aces mimicry in ‘KKK 13’: ‘I always had a funny bone in me’
- BMC-CISF organise ‘Amrit Kalash’ yatra in Mumbai
- Meet Manipuri neurosurgeon who teaches wushu as passion
- Gen Z's involvement in politics
- PM Modi dials Manmohan Singh on his birthday
- IIT Jodhpur designs catalysts for green ammonia
- In multipolar world, rising India will be ‘Vishwa Mitra, a power for global good: Jaishankar
- Haryana State CSR Trust launchs animal ambulance service in Gurugram
- Australian pacer Starc eyes for the comeback, Maxwell too likely to return
Titli damage in AP is Rs 2800 crore, Naidu seeks Rs 1200 interim relief
The devastation caused by the severe cyclonic storm Titli damaged proprietors worth more than Rs 2,800 crore in Andhra Pradesh alone, as estimated by State Government
Amaravati: The devastation caused by the severe cyclonic storm Titli damaged proprietors worth more than Rs 2,800 crore in Andhra Pradesh alone, as estimated by State Government.
Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu requested Prime Minister Narendra Modi to provide at least Rs 1200 crore as interim relief to the most suffered people of Srikakulam and Vizianagaram districts on Saturday in a letter.
He said that the devastating cyclone Titli has hit North Coastal Andhra Pradesh badly damaging the infrastructure and derailing the normal life in the region especially in Srilrakulam and Vizianagaram Districts.
The severe cyclonic storm Titli has hit Srlkakulam and Vlzlangararn Districts in the early hours of October 11, with a wind speed gusting upto 165 Km, coupled with high velocity winds and heavy rainfall ranging from 10 cm to 43 cm in different parts of these districts.
The cyclone “Titli” has devastated these districts and left huge damages to properties, agriculture and horticulture crops, houses and infrastructure resulting in deep distress and misery to the people of these districts.
The cost of the damaged properties, Infrastructure and other related sedzors has been tentatively worked out to be around Rs.2800.00 Crores (Electricity: Rs.500 crore, Roads & Buildings: Rs.100 Crore., Panchayat Raj: Rs.100 crore, Agriculture: 800 Cr., Horticulture: Rs.1000, Animal Husbandry: Rs 50 Cr., Fisheries: Rs.50 crore, RWS: Rs.100 crore, Irrigation: Rs 100 cried), Chief Minister explained.
The State Govemment has already started rescue and relief operations on war footing and I am personally camping in these districts, visiting the affected areas and supervising rescue, relief and restoration operations
In view of the severe damage occurred to the life, property and infrastructure of the people of these districts, he requested the Government of India to liberally and expeditiously sanction the relief so as to minimize the misery of the people.
As an interim relief an amount of Rs.1200 Crore may kindly be released, he requested.