- Tirupati: Ferrying of passengers by RTC dips on Garuda Seva day
- Indians first arrived in hostile Canada in 1902
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Announces State Honors For Organ Donors
- State should be freed from clutches of YSRCP: Naga Babu
- Stripping Russia of veto at UN impossible
- Tirumala Brahmotsavams: Lord Venkateswara Swamy appears on Surya Prabha Vahanam
- Chinta demands 33% quota for women in TTD
- Hangzhou declares Games open
- Family-Friendly Outdoor Charm of New Orleans
- Gold rates in Delhi today surges, check the rates on 23 September, 2023
Uber, Ola go on strike today
Cab drivers of Ola and Uber called for a partial strike today against the unkept promises made by the companies to the drivers
Cab drivers of Ola and Uber called for a partial strike today against the unkept promises made by the companies to the drivers.
According to Shaik Salauddin, state president of Telangana Four wheeler Drivers Association, the companies assured the drivers of getting Rs 1 to Rs 1.5 lakh per month but they have not kept their promise.
The drivers alleged that they have bought the car on loan expecting the repayment soon with the promised salaries. But as the companies are paying them less than the promised amount, they are unable to survive and pay the loans which turned as a burden to the cab drivers.
Protesting over the unkept promises of Ola and Uber, the drivers association decided to go on strike today which is called as Hyderabad Drivers Gandhi Giri Pan India Bandh.
Shaik Salauddin also said that some of the drivers are not taking part in the bandh to meet their targets.