- Warangal: ‘Sports complex to come up’
- Karimnagar: Gangula distributes tricycles to disabled
- Warangal: K Chandrasekhar Rao paved way for prosperity of fishermen says Aroori Ramesh
- Why should you choose us for fertility treatments?
- Union minister launches rail coach restaurant in Vizag
- Jagtial: MLA Sanjay lays foundation for development works
- Warangal: Kaloji cancels admissions of seven AP students
- Gadwal: Shunt out ‘most corrupt’ commissioner, civic leaders demand
- VPA inks pact with AP Greening and Beautification Corp
- An Open Letter to Samantha Ruth Prabhu
Union minister Suresh Prabhu condemns attack on YS Jagan, orders probe
Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu condemned the attack on YSR Congress chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Visakhapatnam airport today and asked all agencies concerned to probe the matter thoroughly
MUMBAI: Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu condemned the attack on YSR Congress chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Visakhapatnam airport today and asked all agencies concerned to probe the matter thoroughly.
Mr Reddy, Leader of Opposition in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, received a minor injury to his shoulder when he was attacked by a man with a sharp-edged object at the Visakhapatnam airport, official sources said.
Minister Prabhu termed the attack "cowardly"and said the guilty would be punished.
"Shocked by attack on Mr Jagan Reddy, Asked all agencies to investigate matter thoroughly, including @CISFHQrs. Asked secretary civil aviation to fix responsibility," the minister tweeted.
"I strongly condemn this cowardly attack, we will punish the guilty. Investigations are underway, started immediately," he further said in the tweet.
Initial reports said the assailant was employed at the airport canteen but no official confirmation was immediately available.
He has been taken into police custody.