- Air Akasa says its plea in court not against DGCA or Civil Aviation Ministry
- Unnao custodial death: Delhi HC grants bail to convicted UP Police officials
- Delhi Police rescues man attempting suicide on Instagram live
- BRS MLA M Hanumantha Rao quit party
- Quad ministerial meeting calls for comprehensive approach to fight terrorism
- Congress questions secular credentials of JD(S) following its alliance with BJP
- Bidhuri remarks row: Ali calls it 'hate speech', says could quit House if action not taken; Oppn rallies behind BSP MP
- Volume growth returning, rural demand seeing green shoots: Procter & Gamble
- Large number of valuable monuments not under any protection: Parliamentary panel
- Eight-year-old Indian-origin girl makes UK medical history By Aditi Khanna
Finger of suspicion points Chandrababu: Vijayasai Reddy
The Vizag airport attack on YSR Congress Party President, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is carried out as part of a larger conspiracy hatched by the leadership of TDP as the sequence of events point the finger of suspicion towards Chandrababu Naidu and his henchmen, the Party Rajya Sabha member V Vijayasai Redy said
New Delhi: The Vizag airport attack on YSR Congress Party President, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is carried out as part of a larger conspiracy hatched by the leadership of TDP as the sequence of events point the finger of suspicion towards Chandrababu Naidu and his henchmen, the Party Rajya Sabha member V Vijayasai Redy said.
Speaking to media here on Tuesday, he said, ‘there was a clear conspiracy to eliminate the Leader of Opposition and the attack was a pre-meditated one. Even in the remand note there was no mention of conspiracy and only says that the accused had carried out an attack in the lounge of Vizag airport.
Narrating the sequence of events he said that the state DGP and Chief Minister in tandem tried to project the attacker as a fan of our Party President and tried to dilute the issue bringing up irrelevant and non-serious issues to the fore through press releases. Who will benefit with the elimination of the YS Jagan Mohan Reddy will give the answer of who is behind the conspiracy.
‘There is no doubt to say that the conspirators include N Chandrababu Naidu, his son N Lokesh, DGP, the Airport Restaurant owner Harshavardhan, attacker J Srinivasa Rao and some others. At no point of time did we say that we have no faith in state police, we said that we do not have faith in the state government and the DGP, who has been proactive and seems to be very close to chief minister and has been expressing his opinion too close to that of the ruling party, the reason which we demanded a third party probe,’ he said.
Chandrababu Naidu went to the extent of terming BJP, Jana Sena and TRS being involved in the attack on YS Jagan Mohan Reddy only because they have condemned the attack and enquired about his condition. The Chief Minister neither condemned the attack nor had he shown any shades of sympathy while in 2003 Dr YS Rajasekhara Reddy had condemned the attack on Chandrababu Naidu at Alipiri and sat on a dharna.
‘It is shameful that some people have been talking incoherent things by dragging family into the issue. If the same coin is paid back on the Alipiri incident then things get murkier,’ he said adding that they would not resort to such mean politics and cheap remarks.
YV Subba Reddy, Mekapati Rajmohan Reddy, Varaparasad Rao, Ummareddy Venkateswarlu, Botsa Satyanarayan and others also addressed the press conference.