- A glimpse of India': Rahul shares video of train journey from Bilaspur to Raipur
- Students perform namaz during school program, Gujarat government orders probe following protest
- Meta purged over 19 mn bad pieces of content on FB, Insta in India in August
- What happened on October 4 in History
- Dengue alarm in Bengal, PIL at Calcutta HC seeking court intervention
- Indefinite shutdown in Manipur district against arrest of 4 Kuki-Zo people ends
- Record applicants for national merit scholarship from UP
- Paris Fashion Week: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Navya Naveli Nanda walks for L’Oréal Paris
- Caste census: K’taka govt in a fix ahead of Lok Sabha polls
- Rise in US bond yields, moderation in India's manufacturing activity lead to fall in equities
Manmohan, Sonia, Rahul pay tribute to Indira Gandhi
Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Congress President Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday paid tributes to late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on her death anniversary
New Delhi: Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Congress President Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday paid tributes to late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on her death anniversary.
They paid floral tributes at the slain leader's memorial at Shakti Sthal here.
"Remembering Dadi (grandma) today with a deep sense of happiness. She taught me so much and gave me unending love. She gave so much of herself to her people. I am very proud of her," Rahul Gandhi tweeted.
"Today we honour... the first female Prime Minister of India and one of the strongest leaders our country has seen," the Congress party said.
"Through her premiership, our nation saw great victory, incredible development and most importantly upliftment of all sections of society," the party tweeted.
On October 31, 1984, two of Indira Gandhi's bodyguards -- Satwant Singh and Beant Singh -- gunned her down at her 1, Safdarjung Road residence here.