- Madhapur drugs case: Narcotic Bureau issues notices to actor Navdeep
- Atishi pulls up engineers for poor condition of roads, waterlogging
- NASA asks US industry to develop spacecraft to safely deorbit space station
- Verdict on CID custody petition tomorrow
- Covid patients continue to suffer from lung complications
- Experience the irresistible aroma of Hatti Kaapi’s signature coffee at the World Coffee Conference & Expo 2023!
- Linking Aadhaar numbers with electoral rolls is not mandatory, EC tells Supreme Court
- Andhra HC grants bail to 79 TDP leaders in cases related to violence
- Purandeswari inspects govt-run liquor shops in Narasapuram, asks people not to consume
- Producer duo - Sanjay Saha & Raadhika Nanda makes an impact with their debut film 'Haddi'!
Johri case: CoA members, BCCI treasurer, Aditya Verma depose before probe panel
Indian crickets top administrators, including Vinod Rai, on Monday deposed before the probe panel investigating the alleged sexual harassment case against BCCI CEO Rahul Johri
New Delhi: Indian cricket’s top administrators, including Vinod Rai, on Monday deposed before the probe panel investigating the alleged sexual harassment case against BCCI CEO Rahul Johri.
Besides Committee of Administrators chief Rai, COA member Diana Edulji along with BCCI treasurer Anirudh Chaudhry and IPL petitioner Aditya Verma also deposed before the three-member panel.
All of them appeared separately before the panel that comprises former Allahabad High Court judge Justice Rakesh Sharma, former Delhi Commission for Women chairperson Barkha Singh and lawyer Veena Gowda.
The administrators put across their points on the alleged scandal that has rocked India’s richest sporting body.
“Yes, Rai, Anirudh, Verma deposed before the panel. Amitabh (acting secretary Amitabh Choudhary) couldn’t make it because he is busy with personal issues. It’s not known why CK (Khanna) decided to give the deposition a miss,” a senior BCCI official told PTI on Monday.
However, what has surprised a section in the BCCI is that Rai and Edulji deposed before the panel and on November 15, the same panel will submit the report to the duo.
“Isn’t it weird that Mr Rai formed the panel and the investigation report will be submitted to him only. Also people like Hemang Amin, Saba Karim should have also been summoned for deposition,” he said.
Rai couldn’t be reached for a comment.
IPL petitioner Verma wasn’t initially called, prompting him to question the panel seeking bonafides from him and asking him to prove his locus standi in the alleged case against Johri. He was later asked to come for deposition.