- India will be developed country by 2047
- Indian airports making losses remains unanswerable paradox
- South & West Zone weightlifting competitions begin
- AP to receive scattered rains in Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema in next two days
- Impact assessment of affirmative measures will ensure minimum gaps, maximum outcomes
- Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw urges beneficiaries to avail schemes
- Petrol and diesel prices today stable in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 10 December, 2023
- Deprived woman candidate protests by tonsuring head
- Gold rate in Visakhapatnam today slashes, check the rates on 10 December, 2023
- Vijayawada: Farmers’ associations to stage protests tomorrow
Jolt to Dasoju Sravan as returning officer rejects nomination
In a major jolt to Congress candidate from Khairatabad constituency Dasoju Sravan, the returning officer rejected his nomination filed by his followers
In a major jolt to Congress candidate from Khairatabad constituency Dasoju Sravan, the returning officer rejected his nomination filed by his followers.
The Khairatabad returning officer Musharaf Ali refused to take the nomination papers in the absence of Sravan. Ali said that they would take the nomination only if it is submitted by either the candidate or a voter proposed by him. "As none of them present while filing the papers, we rejected it," the officer added.
Ali also said that only four followers of a candidate are allowed inside the office and raising slogans in favour of candidates are restricted as section 144 was in force.