- NEET Aspirant, 21, Takes Life In Kota, Marking 29th Suicide This Year
- Major Cocaine Bust At Paradip Port: 22 Kg Haul Worth ₹220 Crore Seized From Indonesian Cargo Ship
- Karnataka govt won't indulge in preventing any act of creative expressions: Siddaramaiah
- Delhi HC grants anticipatory bail to Unnao gang-rape victim, mother in forgery case
- 4th T20I: Rinku, Jitesh, Jaiswal help India to 174/9 against Australia
- Suvendu Adhikari files RTI seeking details of recruitment in state health services since 2011
- Games24x7 joins hands with K'taka govt for GameTech Accelerate programme
- Long Covid patients may suffer chest pain, abnormal heart rhythms long-term
- Haryana DGP says 'women's safety will be priority'
- Election Commission revises Mizoram's vote-counting date to December 4
Bird resting stands to be arranged at Telineelapuram
Beautification proposed by tourism department
-Beautification proposed by tourism department
Srikakulam:Telineelapuram located near Tekkali divisionhead quarters is well known for hosting to migratory birds from Siberia called Asian Open Bill Storks. Due to frequent cyclones trees are being uprooted here and migratory birds are facing trouble to get rest here. To overcome the problem forest department officials proposed to install bird resting stands on par with Kolleru Lake. Due to recent Titli cyclone most of the trees are uprooted here and birds also lost its nests and died due to hungry.
These birds are migrating from Siberia to Telineelapuram every year June and returning in December with their chicks. To avoid this kind of trouble in future forest officials proposed to arrange resting stands which will not affect and damage due to cyclones. ‘We have proposed to install 30 stands in the first phase and each stand cost including installation is Rs 20,000 and total Rs 6 Lakh funds are required’ Tekkali forest range officer (FRO), Prabhala Venkata Sastry told The Hans India. Birds can take rest on these stands and weave nests on the stands for their chicks also.
In addition to it eco-tourism and beautification works also proposed by tourism department officials at Telineelapuram. As part of it a compound wall proposed around the migrated birds resting site, display boards, two main gates and arches proposed to attract tourists here. ‘We have sent proposals to the government waiting for its nod’ district tourism promotion officer (DTPO), N.Narayana Rao explained to this news paper.