Woman burnt to death over dowry demand in UP
A woman was allegedly burnt to death by her inlaws over dowry demand in Bhopa village in the district, police said Saturday
Muzaffarnagar: A woman was allegedly burnt to death by her in-laws over dowry demand in Bhopa village in the district, police said Saturday.
According to a complaint lodged by the woman's father Friday, he alleged that his daughter was burnt alive by her in-laws when she failed to fulfil their dowry demands.
Police has registered a case against the woman's husband, Station House Officer B P Singh said. The father and the brother of the man are absconding and search is on to trace them, he said.
- Ola cabs banned in Bengaluru for 6 months for licence violation
- Voters most happy with Telangana, HP, Odisha CMs: IANS-CVOTER Tracker poll
- Uttarakhand: Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, Tirath Singh Rawat file nominations
- France working with EU for listing of Masood Azhar as a global terrorist: MEA
- 12-year-old tiger killed, eaten by another in Madhya Pradesh's Kanha Tiger Reserve