2 Terrorists, Including "IED Expert", Killed In Jammu And Kashmir
A dreaded terrorist was among the two terrorists killed in an encounter with security forces in Jammu and Kashmir, police said
- Zeenat-ul-Islam was associated with the terror group Al Badr
- He was an expert at handling Improvised explosive device
- The operation was carried out in Katpora area in Kulgam district
Srinagar: A dreaded terrorist was among the two terrorists killed in an encounter with security forces in Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
Police said Zeenat-ul-Islam, who was associated with the terror group Al Badr, was an expert at handling Improvised explosive device (IED).
Security forces launched a cordon and search operation in Katpora area in south Kashmir's Kulgam district on Saturday evening after receiving specific information about the presence of terrorists there, a police official said.
As the forces were conducting the searches, the terrorists fired upon them. The forces retaliated, ensuing an encounter in which the two terrorists were killed, he said.
Arms and ammunition were recovered from the encounter site, the official said, adding that no collateral damage has been reported.
Zeenat was earlier associated with Hizbul Mujahideen, the official said.
- Bringing back IAF pilot in 2 days from Pak was major success: Sushma Swaraj
- Virtual SIMs used in Pulwama terror attack; India to approach U.S. for help
- Kanhaiya Kumar to contest from Begusarai as CPI candidate
- Dancer Sapna Choudhary flips, says hasn't joined Congress
- War of words breaks out between Sushma Swaraj, Pakistan minister over abduction of Hindu girls in Sindh