Finance Commission to visit Telangana on Feb 20
The 15th Finance Commission will be visiting the state of Telangana from 17th to 20th February The Commission headed by the Chairman N K Singh, will include Members Dr Anoop Singh, Ashok Lahiri and Dr Ramesh Chand along with senior officers of the Commission
Hyderabad: The 15th Finance Commission will be visiting the state of Telangana from 17th to 20th February. The Commission headed by the Chairman N K Singh, will include Members Dr. Anoop Singh, Ashok Lahiri and Dr. Ramesh Chand along with senior officers of the Commission.
The Commission begins its visit with on-site reviews of the Kaleshwaram Lift -Irrigation project, the Medigadda Barrage and Mission Bhagirathi the Safe Drinking Water project of Telangana.
This will be followed by separate detailed meetings with the Representatives of the Panchayati Raj Institutions and Urban Local Bodies. The Commission will meet the representative of all political parties separately followed by an elaborate and detailed meeting with the State Government.
The Commission on its final day will have a meeting with Eminent Economists headed by Dr. Y V Reddy. The Commission will also have a discussion in ISB on the draft report of Evaluation of State Finances of Telangana. There will also be a presentation to the Commission on updation of Land Records and Rythu Bandhu.
- Congress worker killed by suspected Naxals in Chhattisgarh
- CJI sexual harassment case: BCI disappointed over views of 2 ex-SC judges
- 52 Congress Lawmakers Come From 18 States, Union Territories
- Opposition has fooled minorities: PM Modi asks NDA lawmakers to win their trust
- 23-yr-old medical student commits suicide after being harassed by senior doctors