Electric buses to ply in Shimla
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur on Monday flagged off an electric bus for Shimla city
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur on Monday flagged off an electric bus for Shimla city.
He said 50 electrical buses would ply in the city.
"This would help in protecting the pristine environment of Shimla," he told reporters.
In his Budget speech, Thakur announced to bring a new electric vehicle policy from the next fiscal for enabling provision of safe, environment friendly, contemporary and sustainable transport facilities.
- BJP only party in Rajasthan to clean sweep LS polls 2nd time in a row
- Many in TMC feel suffocated: Subhrangshu Roy on being sacked, to join BJP
- Surat fire tragedy: Cops file FIR against owners as death toll reaches 20
- Students jump to death to escape from inferno
- Resignations pour in ahead of CWC today