- Immunity given to lawmakers should not protect them from criminal prosecution for accepting bribes: Centre in Supreme Court
- 'I am not as communal as I am made out to be': Smriti Irani's swipe at Oppn
- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
Kejriwal to go on indefinite strike from March 1 for Delhi’s full statehood
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced in the Assembly on Saturday that he will sit on an indefinite fast from March 1, demanding for full statehood for Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced in the Assembly on Saturday that he will sit on an indefinite fast from March 1, demanding for full statehood for Delhi.
“From March 1, we will launch the movement to make Delhi a full state and we will not end till Delhi gets full statehood. All of entire Delhi now needs to launch a movement for full statehood,” Kejriwal said.
Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal: Democracy has been implemented in entire nation, but not Delhi. Public votes & selects a government, but the government has no power. So we're starting a movement on March 1 & I'll sit on indefinite fast for the full statehood of Delhi pic.twitter.com/O9BiuBVQHY— ANI (@ANI) February 23, 2019
Speaking in the Vidhan Sabha, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led NDA government of obstructing development work in national capital.
The chief minister said that files of various development projects of Delhi are not being cleared by the central government.
“The governments of Haryana, Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Punjab do not have to take permission from the Centre. However, the government chosen by the people of Delhi does not have any power. If Delhi will get full statehood then people of Delhi will get jobs, homes, security and justice,” Kejriwal said.