Modi pays tribute to Jayalalithaa on birth anniversary
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday paid tribute to late Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on her birth anniversary
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday paid tribute to late Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa on her birth anniversary.
"Tributes to Jayalalithaa ji on her birth anniversary. Her contribution towards the development of Tamil Nadu will be remembered for generations. A fine administrator and compassionate leader, her welfare measures benefitted countless poor people," Modi said in a tweet.
Bharatiya Janata Party President Amit Shah also remembered the late leader.
Shah, in his tweet, said: "I offer my tributes to Jayalalithaa ji on her birth anniversary. Her passion and commitment to serve the poor and marginalized shaped millions of lives in Tamil Nadu. She will continue to be fondly remembered as Amma for generations."
Jayalalithaa was born on February 24, 1948. She died due to cardiac arrest on December 5, 2016.
- Drought situation in Maharashtra is very serious says Sharad Pawar
- Lok Sabha elections: Five legislators among 248 lose deposit in Punjab, AAP worst hit
- Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh planning to set up permanent bases in eastern India: Home Ministry
- Surat fire: Toll climbs to 22, coaching class owner held, two on the run
- This Gujarat Woman's Cow Dung-Coated Car Is An Internet Sensation