Mamata welcomes IAF pilot's homecoming
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Friday welcomed IAF pilot Abhinandan Varthaman back in the country after being in the custody of Pakistan for two days
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Friday welcomed IAF pilot Abhinandan Varthaman back in the country after being in the custody of Pakistan for two days.
"Welcome home #AbhinandanVarthaman Welcome home sweet home," Banerjee wrote on her Twitter handle. Pakistan held Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman Wednesday after fighter jets of both the nations engaged in an air battle following an unsuccessful attempt to target Indian military installations in retaliatory strikes.
The pilot is scheduled to be handed over to India at the Attari border Friday.
- Over 43% voting till 3 p.m. in 7th phase Lok Sabha polls
- Specially-abled woman votes in Madhya Pradesh
- World's highest polling station at Tashigang village in Himachal
- As Mamata talks of 'revenge', BJP demands central forces in Bengal till MCC ends
- Sidhu damaging Congress with ill-timed comments: Amarinder Singh