Rs 1.12 cr cash recovered in Bihar, 3 nabbed
Cash amounting to Rs 112 crore was recovered during a vehicle checking exercise in Muzaffarpur district of Bihar early on Tuesday and three people were arrested, police said
Patna: Cash amounting to Rs 1.12 crore was recovered during a vehicle checking exercise in Muzaffarpur district of Bihar early on Tuesday and three people were arrested, police said.
The cash was recovered from a vehicle near Chandni Chowk area, Muzaffarpur Senior Superintendent of Police Manoj Kumar said.
The exercise was undertaken after an alert sounded by the Income Tax Department regarding huge cash being transferred between Patna and Raxaul.
Those arrested include one from Patna and two from Motihari in East Champaran district. All three were being interrogated at Yahyapur police station.
It is yet to be ascertained whether the cash has anything to do with Lok Sabha polls.
- Amethi ex-pradhan murder: CM sets 12-hour deadline for arrest of culprits
- CBI issues lookout notice against ex-Kolkata Police chief
- Smriti Irani carries mortal remains of campaign aide shot in Amethi
- PM Modi to visit Varanasi tomorrow, hold roadshow
- Odisha governor invites Patnaik to form government after he stakes claim