Omar condemns thrashing of Kashmiri vendors in Lucknow
Former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday condemned the thrashing of Kashmiri vendors in Lucknow
Srinagar: Former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday condemned the thrashing of Kashmiri vendors in Lucknow.
"Nothing will do more damage to the idea of India in Jammu and Kashmir than videos like these," he said in a series of tweets along with the video post.
"Keep thrashing Kashmiris like this on the streets at the hands of RSS/Bajrang Dal goons and then try to sell the idea of 'atoot ang' (unbreakable part), it simply won't fly."
He also called upon Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to punish "those guilty of this assault". Singh represents the Lucknow parliamentary constituency.
Videos of the attack that took place on Wednesday have gone viral on social media.
- Modi-Transition from Chaiwala to Chokidar
- BJP remarkably crosses 300-mark, rewrites history
- Prez Kovind accepts PM Modi's resignation, asks him to continue till new government takes charge
- Six Muslim MPs win parliamentary seats from Uttar Pradesh
- BJD's move to field women candidates in Lok Sabha pays off