Marc Jacobs:Female designers style long-lasting
Marc Jacobs:Female Designers Style Long-Lasting.The Former Louis Vuitton Creative Director Thinks Women Have Had More Of An Impact With Lasting Ideas, While Men Have Done More For Short-Lived Trends
US fashion designer Marc Jacobs believes that his female counterparts have a more long-lasting influence on fashion.
The former Louis Vuitton creative director thinks women have had more of an impact with lasting ideas, while men have done more for short-lived trends, reports contactmusic.com.
"Throughout history, the best designers and the ones who have made the biggest difference and the longest-lasting difference in fashion are women," he said.
He mentioned names likeMiuccia Prada, Rei Kawakubo, MadeleineVionnet, Elsa Schiaparelli, Madame Gres, Chanel, and Westwood.
"I remember years ago, Saint Laurent was talking about how he wanted to create a style because that's what Chanel did. That's what lasts. Not to create a fashion. A fashion is a trend," he added.
- Lokpal to work from Delhi's 5-star luxury 'The Ashok' hotel
- Sri Lanka blasts shakes up the country: Live updates
- PDP president Mufti hits out at PM for bringing nuclear bombs in political discourse
- Delhi HC seeks CBI, Michel's lawyer response on plea challenging phone call limit
- Election Commission transfers seven Bengal police officers