Eat fish for a longer life!
Did you know Consuming fish could prolong your life
Washington D.C. [USA]: Did you know! Consuming fish could prolong your life.
According to a research, higher fish and long-chain omega-3 fatty acid intakes were significantly associated with lower total mortality.
In the study of 240,729 men and 180,580 women who were followed for 16 years, 54,230 men and 30,882 women died.
Comparing the highest with lowest quintiles of fish intake, men had 9 percent lower total mortality, 10 percent lower cardiovascular disease mortality, 6 percent lower cancer mortality, 20 percent lower respiratory disease mortality, and 37 percent lower chronic liver disease mortality, while women had 8 percent lower total mortality, 10 percent lower cardiovascular disease mortality, and 38 percent lower Alzheimer's disease mortality.
Fried fish consumption was not related to mortality in men, whereas it was associated with increased risks of mortality from all causes, cardiovascular disease, and respiratory disease in women.
Long-chain omega-3 fatty acid intake was associated with 15 percent and 18 percent lower cardiovascular disease mortality in men and women, respectively, when comparing the highest and lowest quintiles.
The study has been published in the Journal of Internal Medicine.
- General Elections 2019: 'Narendra Modi A Failed PM, Will Lose Elections', Says Rahul Gandhi
- Pleasant Morning In Delhi, Maximum Temperature Likely Around 34 Degrees
- High voter turnout in TN may throw up surprise
- Playing politics on dead bodies: Farmer rejects Hardik's copter to land on his farm
- Stay away from Indian elections, we don't need your advice: Ram Madhav on Imran Khan