Here's why cottage cheese is the best bed time snack
If you have a habit of snacking before bedtime, cottage cheese is the way to go, suggests a recent study
Washington: If you have a habit of snacking before bedtime, cottage cheese is the way to go, suggests a recent study.
According to a recent research, consuming 30 grams of protein about 30 minutes before bed appears to have a positive effect on muscle quality, metabolism and overall health. And for those who have sworn off eating at night, there is no gain in body fat.
As part of the study, participants, active young women in their early 20s, ate samples of cottage cheese 30 to 60 minutes before bedtime. Researchers specifically wanted to see if this food may have an impact on metabolic rate and muscle recovery.
Their findings are published in the British Journal of Nutrition.
Michael Ormsbee, Associate Professor of Nutrition, Food and Exercise Sciences said, "Until now, we presumed that whole foods would act similarly to the data on supplemental protein, but we had no real evidence."
"This is important because it adds to the body of literature that indicates that whole foods work just as well as protein supplementation and it gives people options for presleep nutrition that go beyond powders and shaker bottles," Ormsbee added.
- 15 Naxals, including 6 women surrender in Bastar
- No problem if Muslims don't vote for me: Varun Gandhi contradicts mother Maneka
- Congress to take action against Anupam Sharma
- Ali chahiye, Bajrang Bali bhi chahiye lekin Anarkali nahi chahiye: Azam Khan's son
- TikTok's fate to be decided, Supreme Court directs Madras High Court to hear plea on Apr 24