World Safer Internet Day 2019
Safer Internet Day SID is celebrated worldwide in 130 countries Safer Internet Day is coordinated by the joint InsafeINHOPE network, with the support of the European Commission, and national Safer Internet Centres across Europe It is an annual event, this year it is held on Tuesday 5 February 2019
- The theme of this year SID is 'Together for a better internet'
- Focus critical skills, 4Rs: Respect, Responsibility, Reasoning and Resilience
- Internet security demands constant vigilance
Safer Internet Day (SID) is celebrated worldwide in 130 countries. Safer Internet Day is coordinated by the joint Insafe/INHOPE network, with the support of the European Commission, and national Safer Internet Centres across Europe. It is an annual event, this year it is held on Tuesday 5 February 2019.
Basic idea is to help encourage a better internet, with this year's theme—'Together for a better internet' encourages individuals to create a better internet by developing four, critical skills and especially for the younger users. We call these skills the 4Rs: Respect, Responsibility, Reasoning and Resilience.
The best way to observe the Safer Internet Day is to make sure that you surf the Internet in a safe manner. One can do this by making sure you are using updated software; have latest antivirus and malware software installed, use parental locks and that you use secure passwords.
We all are on social media; let’s use the hashtag #SaferInternetDay to spread the news about this important day and make sure that our friends and family are taking the appropriate measures to ensure that their experience on the Internet is safe and stress-free.
Safer Internet Day helps us to remind that Internet security is something that demands constant vigilance. It also reminds us that a lot of bad things can happen on the Internet if we don’t take appropriate precautions. Keeping this in mind, always ensure to have a safe and happy Safer Internet Day every day!
- Won't seek Mamata's support to form government: West Bengal Congress chief
- 3-year old boy in coma after torture by mother: Kochi police
- 2019 Lok Sabha polls, Phase 2: Congress complains to EC about faulty EVMs in Maharashtra
- Watch: Man hurls shoes at BJP MP GVL Narasimha during press conference
- Bihar Dy CM drags Rahul Gandhi to court over Modi surname jibe