To hell with the public
Perhaps nowhere in the world are politicians mudslinging as in India today Elections or no elections, such belowthebelt remarks not only discredit the politicians, but also undermine the constitutional posts that they occupy
Perhaps nowhere in the world are politicians mudslinging as in India today. Elections or no elections, such below-the-belt remarks not only discredit the politicians, but also undermine the constitutional posts that they occupy.
Unbecoming of their respective statures, both PM Modi and CM Chandrababu Naidu stooped so low by bringing the attack to a personal level. While Modi called Naidu "father of Lokesh",Naidu spoke about the estrangement of Modi’s wife Jashoda Ben.
By throwing restraint and decorum to the winds, these leaders are demonstrating that they can stoop to any level just to run down their rivals in the hot pursuit of power. It looks issues that concern the people are getting overshadowed in the political slugfest.
J S Acharya, Hyderabad
- Don't want to comment on Rahul's legal knowledge: Shah on murder accused remark
- CJI harassment case: 3-judges' panel set-up to probe, first meet on Friday
- MP man dies in police custody after being questioned in theft case
- 6.1 magnitude earthquake hits Arunachal Pradesh, tremors felt in Tibet
- 65% cast vote in 3rd phase