- SAT breather for Ambani in RPL case
- Australia's central bank keeps cash rate unchanged
- $5-trn GDP early in Amrit Kaal
- Maha Tourism organises roadshow in Hyderabad
- Sodhi confident of New Zealand’s readiness ahead of the Mirpur Test
- IIT-K bags Best Assisted Technology Initiatives at ATF Awards 2023
- Dell empowers 2 mn Indians in digital skills, to expand further
- Stop guessing! Use an inflation calculator for investment success
- Mulugu SP alerts people amid heavy rains due to cyclone Michaung
- Women at COP28: Meet five Indian women who are pioneering climate action in the country
Modi gifts 21 lakh for educating Gujarat staff's daughters
Modi Gifts 21 Lakh For Educating Gujarat Staff\'s Daughters. As a parting gift to the cause of girl education in his home state, Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi has donated Rs. 21 lakh from his personal savings to create a corpus fund for educating daughters of drivers and peons working with the Gujarat government.
New Delhi: As a parting gift to the cause of girl education in his home state, Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi has donated Rs. 21 lakh from his personal savings to create a corpus fund for educating daughters of drivers and peons working with the Gujarat government.
A foundation would be set up for the administration of the corpus fund under Chief Minister Anandiben Patel and the Chief Secretary.
"Before leaving Gujarat, I gave Rs. 21 lakh from my personal savings to educate daughters of drivers & peons working with Guj Govt, (sic)" Mr Modi tweeted.
In another tweet, he said, "An issue very close to me is educating the girl child. As CM, I always looked forward to Kanya Kelavani Abhiyan across Gujarat."
He said the corpus fund will "hopefully grow in future and empower our daughters".
Mr Modi had initiated the Kanya Kelavani campaign in Gujarat for ensuring girl child education. He had raised Rs. 89.96 crore by auctioning all gifts he received as chief minister and donated this to the Kanya Kelavani Fund.