- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
Modi at East Asia summit, meets Medvedev
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi Thursday met Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev and called for greater cooperation between their states and regions.
Nay Pyi Taw: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi Thursday met Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev and called for greater cooperation between their states and regions.
On day three of his visit to Myanmar, Modi met Medvedev ahead of the East Asia Summit.
Modi recalled his visit to Russia in 2001 and told the Russian leader "Am sure India-Russia ties will be strengthened", according to tweets posted by the Prime Minister's Office.
The Russian prime minister conveyed that India is a "close and valued partner for us".
Medvedev said: "There are many areas where we are cooperating", on the extent of Russia-India relations.
"Our federal units (states/regions) need to cooperate more - PM @narendramodi pitch reasonates with Russian PM Medvedev," said a a tweet posted by the external affairs ministry spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin.
Modi later posed for photographs with world leaders at the East Asia Summit.
Modi was also seen laughing and chatting with Prime Minister Tony Abbott of Australia, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak and President Benigno Aquino of the Philippines before they proceeded to attend the EAS here, an MEA tweet showed.
Modi, Abbott and New Zealand Prime Minister John Key posed for a photo together.