- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
Assam CM urges PM for restoration of Special Category Status
Assam CM Urges PM For Restoration Of Special Category Status, October 9 : Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to restore Special Category Status for Assam and other North Eastern States.
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to restore Special Category Status for Assam and other North Eastern States.
In a letter sent to the Prime Minister to which Modi acknowledged, Gogoi also requested PM’s intervention for a change in the funding pattern of the Centrally Sponsored Schemes.
“Change in funding pattern of the Centrally Sponsored Schemes has retarded the pace of development in the State”, Gogoi said.
It may be recalled that after the present dispensation at the Centre took over the reign, Special Category Status for Assam and other North Eastern States have been suspended. Over and above, funding pattern for the Centrally Sponsored Schemes have also been changed, thus affecting pace of development in the State.
(Reporting by Hemanta Kumar Nath)