- Odisha Speaker suspends two BJP lawmakers who flung pulses in house
- Men’s ODI World Cup: New seats, rebranded restrooms at the forefront of upgrades in Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Study finds link between Covid-19 mutations and high immune responses
- Creatine supplements may help people with long Covid
- Delhi: 78th train departs for Ayodhya under Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra scheme
- CDIL’s new packaging line in Mohali another push to India’s chip journey: MoS IT
- 2 BJP MLAs throw pulses at Odisha Speaker, suspended till end of session
- Asian Games: Indian men's football team bow out in pre-quarters after 0-2 loss to Saudi Arabia
- Lalu Prasad supports Manoj Jha over ‘Thakur’ poem controversy
- Ujjain minor girl rape case: Main accused arrested; tries to flee
Protesters Clash With Police In Uttar Pradesh's Mainpuri Over Alleged Cow slaughter
Two people were arrested on Friday night after protesters clashed with the police in Karhal area in Uttar Pradesh\'s Mainpuri following rumour of cow slaughter.
Two people were arrested on Friday night after protesters clashed with the police in Karhal area in Uttar Pradesh's Mainpuri following rumour of cow slaughter.
People in Nagaria village set police jeeps on fire and damaged several other vehicles as they were agitated over allegation of killing of a cow in the village, police said.
It was alleged that a cow, which was grazing in a field near the village, was whisked away for slaughter and its skin was being removed in a house when some villagers barged in, the police said.
Sub-Divisinal Magistrate of Karhal, Vijay Pratap said it would be known only after post mortem if a cow was slaughtered as was being alleged by some persons, or the skin of a dead cow was being removed.
District Magistrate Chandrapal Singh said that two persons have been arrested and more arrests would follow.
The situation was under control and DIG, DM and SP were camping at Karhal with heavy police force.
Meanwhile, Samajwadi Party leader Shivpal Yadav said attempts were being made to vitiate atmosphere in Karhal.
"Today, attempts are being made in Karhal (Mainpuri) to vitiate communal atmosphere. We are ensuring arrest of those involved in the incident," he said.
Yadav also said that SP was fighting communal forces for a long time and would continue doing so.