- Chintamaneni Prabhakar flays YSRCP govt
- Sana Satish Babu extends financial assistance to road accident victim
- Yarlagadda Venkata Rao participates in unveiling of statue at Sri Annapurna Temple
- MVV Satyanarayana continues Padayatra for 52nd day
- Former Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh Allegedly Orchestrated BJP's Efforts In Himachal Pradesh Turmoil
- DMK MP P Wilson Calls For PM Modi's Attention To Chinese Incursions Amid Ad Controversy
- Challenges In Maharashtra's MVA Alliance: Shiv Sena Discontent Over Seat-Sharing Talks
- Centre sanctions Rs 6,728 crore for Frontier Highway in Arunachal
- EVs can go a long way to help India reach net zero target
- India's Most Powerful Personalities 2024
Peter Mukherjea charged with murder and criminal conspiracy
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Friday charged the founder of the News X television channel and group, Peter Mukherjea, with murder and criminal conspiracy in connection with the April 2012 Sheena Bora murder case.
Mumbai: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Friday charged the founder of the News X television channel and group, Peter Mukherjea, with murder and criminal conspiracy in connection with the April 2012 Sheena Bora murder case.
The CBI said that while it had earlier booked Peter Mukherjea under several sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), he had also been additionally charged under Sections 302 and 364, and would be prosecuted accordingly. It said that four serious charges have been levelled against him.
Earlier, all of the accused in the April 2012 Sheena Bora murder case were produced before a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court here on Friday.
They were brought to the court in the Killa area of in Mumbai
Apart from prime accused Indrani Mukerjea, the others who were produced before the court included her current husband Peter Mukherjea, her previous husband Sanjeev Khanna and her driver Shyamvar Rai.
Peter's brother and son, Gautam Mukerjea and Rahul Mukerjea were also reached Killa court in Mumbai.
Mikhail Bora, the son of Indrani Mukerjea, had said on Friday that he will continue to demand justice for the murder of his sister Sheena and not hesitate to submit himself to questioning again if needed. He said he is ready to cooperate fully with the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
"I came to know about it yesterday night. I do not know what is going on about Peter Mukherjea. CBI is investigating. Let's see what happens. I will give my cooperation to the CBI. I am seeking justice for my sister and I hope it will get it soon," Mikhail told media here.
Peter Mukherjea was arrested yesterday by the CBI. His son Rahul Mukherjea had also gone to the CBI headquarters in Mumbai for questioning and left from there this morning.
Indrani, her ex-husband husband Sanjeev Kumar and her former driver Shyamvar Rai, were arrested in August in connection with the killing of her daughter Sheena in April 2012. Sheena's partially-burnt body was found in the forests of Maharashtra's Raigad District.
On November 3, the judicial custody of Indrani Mukerjea, and the remaining two accused was extended till November 7 after their earlier remand had ended.
Earlier, this month, the CBI was given permission by the Bombay High Court to question all the three accused in the Sheena Bora murder case.