- Silk sarees to be presented to 26 temples during Bonalu festival: Minister
- Hyderabad: CM KCR failed in solving ration dealers’ problems: Bandi Sanjay
- Salman Khan to host Big Boss OTT Hindi
- Hyderabad to host convention of global wedding planners
- Telangana stands 3rd after Kerala in Health Index ranking- NITI AAYOG
- SEB seizes 7222 kgs Ganja
- Telangana: Minister launches website for enrollment of traditional occupation beneficiaries
- Outreach activities at ENC marking WED
- Delhi Legislative Assembly's Petitions Committee called Ashish more for land transfer case
- Coromandel Express passes through accident site
PM dedicates Varanasi gas distribution project to the nation
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday dedicated to the nation the Varanasi City Gas Distribution CGD network which will supply environment friendly natural gas to the citys households, transport sector and industries
Varanasi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday dedicated to the nation the Varanasi City Gas Distribution (CGD) network which will supply environment friendly natural gas to the city's households, transport sector and industries.
The project, whose foundation stone was laid by Modi on October 24, 2016 as part of the Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga initiative, was dedicated in a function here in the presence of Governor Ram Naik, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and other dignitaries.
The CGD network, which is being implemented by GAIL (India) Limited at a cost of Rs 755 crores, will cover 1,535 sq km and cater to a population of 36.76 lakhs.
Two Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) stations have started commercial operations while another 18 will be set up in the coming years. Overall, 20,000 vehicles are expected to use CNG in the city.