- Turkish Women's Cup 2024: Manisha Kalyan adjudged Best Midfielder as India finish runner-up
- Byju's NCLT hearing: Investors allege over $500 mn diversion to hedge fund in US
- AirAsia looks to add Tier 2/3 cities to its India route map
- SAI centres to induct 200 para-sports athletes in 2024-25, says Minister Anurag Singh Thakur
- 'Diamond to Gold': Sachin Jain to be World Gold Council's India head
- Congress has lost majority in House: HP LoP
- CleverTap partners Zoomcar to drive customer engagement on their app
- Google Unveils Genie: An AI Platform for Generating Video Games
- Ministry of Defence rejects 15 scripts centered around the Pulwama attack before ‘Operation Valentine’
- Indian startup ecosystem on par with global standards
Venkaiah Naidu makes record, speaks in ten languages in Rajya Sabha
Setting a record, Rajya Sabha Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu on Wednesday spoke in ten languages in the House
Setting a record, Rajya Sabha Chairman M. Venkaiah Naidu on Wednesday spoke in ten languages in the House.
He spoke, though briefly, in Bangla, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu to inform the members that simultaneous interpretation service has now been made available for the members to speak in any of the 22 languages listed in the eighth schedule of the Constitution.
At the command of Naidu, who is an ardent advocate of speaking in mother tongue, Rajya Sabha Secretariat has made available interpretation facility for five more languages i.e. Dogri, Kashmiri, Konkani, Sindhi and Santhali.
For other 17 languages, Rajya Sabha already has interpreters for 12 languages and interpreters of Lok Sabha are made available for five other languages.
Naidu informed the members of the new Interpretation Service during the Zero Hour today.
The monsoon session, which concludes on August 10, will have 18 sittings amid much-expected drama in both the houses - Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha.