- Don’t fall prey to cyber traps, Goa CM urges youth
- FBI director meets CBI chief, discusses extradition of suspects wanted by India
- Mountain women live and work with bent backs
- 34 FTOs operating across the country, no shortage of pilots: MoS Civil Aviation
- Kavitha’s tweet on Ram Temple raises eyebrows in political circles
- Corporator Koppula Narasimha Reddy starts inddorngames in Mansoorabad division
- Mangalurean girl excels: Her Short flims to go to Cannes Film Festival
- Telangana Government releases Rythu Bandhu funds
- Calcutta High Court puts stay on defamation suit against Suvendu Adhikari
- Supreme Court adjourns hearing on CBI's plea against interim bail granted to former ICICI bank chief Chanda Kochhar
No proposal for Metro from AP: Centre
Union minister of state for urban development, Hardip Singh Suri, here on Thursday clarified that no proposal for Vijayawada Metro Rail was received by the Centre from the AP government
New Delhi: Union minister of state for urban development, Hardip Singh Suri, here on Thursday clarified that no proposal for Vijayawada Metro Rail was received by the Centre from the AP government.
To a question in this regard from YSRCP MP V Vijaysai Reddy, the minister told the Rajya Sabha that the Centre had asked the AP government to send its new proposal for the same in 2017 as per the changed guidelines yet no such proposal was received so far.
In addition, he said urban development was the prerogative of the state government and creation of basic infrastructure too was its prerogative and responsibility.