- BJP alone can fulfil Telangana martyrs & people’s aspirations: Bandi Sanjay Kumar
- Gemini IV
- Pharma sector will cross $130-bn mark by 2030
- Sonia Gandhi fulfilled aspirations of Telangana: Meira Kumar
- Centre asks industry to cut edible oil prices by Rs 8-12/litre
- RBI proposes norms to curb online risks
- War in Ukraine likely to boost Chinese yuan become a major global currency
- 9 Years of ‘Seva’ – Modi’s mission continues
- MyVoice: Views of our readers 3rd June 2023
- KCR changed face of TS farm sector in last 9 years: Niranjan Reddy
DU invites suggestions for development activities
The Delhi University on Monday invited suggestions from department heads and other stakeholders on the kind of development activities that can be undertaken in the varsity with the Rs 20crore it recently received from the University Grants Commission UGC
New Delhi: The Delhi University on Monday invited suggestions from department heads and other stakeholders on the kind of development activities that can be undertaken in the varsity with the Rs 20-crore it recently received from the University Grants Commission (UGC).
In a letter addressed to the deans of all faculties of the varsity, head of departments, directors, provost of all hostels, associations of university residential colonies and other stakeholders, the varsity has invited their inputs and suggestions by February 21.
“.... University of Delhi received some specific grant for the purpose of campus development which includes development of land, construction of fencing/boundary wall, laying of water, electricity, sewerage lines and their augmentation, construction and augmentation of waterworks, electricity sub-station/transformers, construction of roads, plantation and landscaping, etc., under capital assets for the year 2018-19, which is to be optimally utilised within the current financial year,” the letter said.
The letter has been written by the varsity's engineering department. Sources said the grant to the tune of Rs 20 crore has been given by the UGC.