- Jammu: 7 trains cancelled, 13 diverted
- Fazilka: Punjab not releasing relief for crop loss in floods says Sukhbir Badal
- CPI demands CM Jagan to reveal details of meeting Adani
- Lucknow: Apartment owner, contractor booked
- Vijayawada: Crafts Council of AP handloom bazaar inaugurated
- Chandigarh: Police custody for gangster Bishnoi
- Industries Secy seeks feedback on govt policies in Sri City
- Lucknow: Question mark on fate of Rajbhar, Chauhan in Uttar Pradesh Government
- Dasara arrangements at brisk pace atop Indrakeeladri
- New Delhi: Indian Air Force to buy 156 choppers for Pakistan, China borders
Do parents constantly embarrass kids?
Do Parents Constantly Embarrass kids?. How Parents Constantly Embarrass Kids With Text Slang
London: Parents have constantly made their offspring squirm, be it from chatting about sex to "getting down with the kids", a study has revealed.
According to the new 'Cringe Index', children feel the greatest embarrassment, if a sex scene shows up while watching a film with their parents.Parents even talking about sex, makes the children recoil in horror, according to a research from television channel Gold, the Daily Express reported.
Other times when children feel embarrassed are when parents start using text slang like "LOL", "OMG","YOLO" etc or even engaging into public display of affection with each other.
Out of the 2,000 adults that were surveyed, more than 30 percent admitted that watching their father go through a mid-life crisis is embarrassing.
Discovering your mother reading erotic literature such as ' Fifty Shades of Grey' came at sixth place, while drunken behaviour came in eight places.
However, rather than confronting their parents about these issues, two-thirds of them insist they suffer in silence.