Sharmila disappoints party leaders, cadre
Vijayawada: Sharmila's padayatra in the city disappointed the crowd at several places when she refused to...
Vijayawada: Sharmila's padayatra in the city disappointed the crowd at several places when she refused to oblige public request to stop. Former legislator Jaleel Khan is said to have upset when Sharmila refused to address a group of Christian minorities in the Vijayawada West Assembly segment area. The Vijayawada Central Assembly segment convener P Gowtham Reddy was pained when Ratchabanda (interaction with people) was cancelled at Lenin Centre in the heart of the city. The former mayor, Tadi Sakunthala, who mobilised an impressive crowd on road side at Prajasakthi Nagar was displeased when Sharmila refused to stop. There are many such cases where the leaders have taken the pain of organising people on road side and finally disappointed with the leader not stopping. In fact, she refuses to honour the requests of people on road side for a halt and handshake, an attempt to please the crowd and get connected. It is to be seen how the party handles this increasing discontentment among leaders, cadre and general public as she continues with her padayatra.
- Naxal killed in encounter in Dantewada, Chhattisgarh
- Amethi ex-pradhan murder: CM sets 12-hour deadline for arrest of culprits
- CBI issues lookout notice against ex-Kolkata Police chief
- Smriti Irani carries mortal remains of campaign aide shot in Amethi
- PM Modi to visit Varanasi tomorrow, hold roadshow