- Real Madrid signs Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund for over 100 million euros
- RSS chief to be in Udaipur on June 8-9
- BRS govt's efforts led to sustainable, constant availability of water: MLC Kavitha
- Pak Army top brass vows to tighten noose around masterminds of May 9 'rebellion'
- Karnataka's free power scheme to cost Rs 13,000 crore annually
- Vadnagar Railway station gets a facelift
- Woman commits suicide in J&K after failing civil service exams
- Doing good for others is beneficial to children's emotional, physical health: Study
- 'Oppn meeting will be held on June 23 in Patna': JD-U leader
- 1 in every 7 cars sold now an EV, China's BYD dominate again
RCB win, Hyderabad in a spot
A blistering knock by Skipper Virat Kohli brought Royal Challengers Bangalore into the play-off reckoning after defeating Chennai Super Kings by 24...
A blistering knock by Skipper Virat Kohli brought Royal Challengers Bangalore into the play-off reckoning after defeating Chennai Super Kings by 24 runs at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore on Saturday. After a rain truncated match that was reduced to eight over a side, Bangalore launched a massive attack on the bowlers to pile up 106 for two wickets. Chasing the target, CSK batsmen failed to make a match of the target. Thanks to some good field placements by Kohli, the fielders backed the bowlers to score the massive victory. They are finished the league with 18 points. Sunday's Sunrisers' match against Kolkata Knight Riders will decide which team will take the fourth spot. Hyderabad has to lose by a massive margin if Bangalore has to get the fourth spot. Earlier, Spectacular hitting by the Royal Challengers Bangalore captain Virat Kohli helped them post an imposing target of 106 for two against Chennai Super Kings in only eight overs in a rain-curtailed must-win match of the Pepsi Indian Premier League here on Saturday. Skipper Kohli led from the front smashing an unbeaten 56 off only 29 balls. Kohli hit six fours and four sixes. He added 67 runs with Chris Gayle (28, 13 balls, 4x6) for the opening stand. Promoting himself, Kohli got a boundary with a cover drive off the second delivery bowled by Ravichandran Ashwin, who was otherwise economical. Gayle got into the act with a slashed six over point off Chris Morris as 11 runs came off the second over. Brief Scores: Royal Challengers Bangalore 106/2 (Virat Kohli 56no, Gayle 28) bt Chennai Super Kings 52/5 (Murali Vijay 32; Zaheer Khan 2/3).